Cycling from Nice to Cannes
After a bike ride with stunning views across the Mediterranean Sea? Than you should consider cycling from Nice to Cannes . What’s more, the majority of the ride can be undertaken on a dedicated cycle path meaning you don’t need to worry about traffic. This is a real bonus in the height of the summer tourist season. Unsurprisingly this cycling route is very popular and is a great option for those on a family holiday. The ride is mostly flat, tracing the coastline between Nice and Cannes. One last thing to consider when planning your ride is to set of early in the day – especially in the summer season. This will not only mean you will not be riding when the temperatures get too hot, but also you can also avoid the big summer crowds.
Distance: 66km / 41mi
Start elevation: 5m / 16ft
Max elevation: 27m / 93ft
Metres climbed: 338m / 1,110ft
Categorised climbs: 0
Food and water
There are numerous places along this route where you can resupply with food and water. These include:
* Enjoy this very flat ride along the Mediterranean sea all the way from Nice to Cannes.
* The wide boulevards in Cannes are lined with luxury brands and shops – the Champs-Elysee by the Med!
* The majority of this ride is on a dedicated cycle path keeping you away from traffic.
Discover our comprehensive guide to Cycling in Nice
Cycling from Nice to Cannes is just one of many great riding routes near the city of Nice which you can enjoy. This area of the Alpes Maritimes is very popular with cyclists year round owing to the great weather and variety of terrain on offer.
If you are not familiar with this region then, our comprehensive guide will help you plan everything you need for your cycling holiday. The guide includes information such as:
- * a map of the Alpes Maritimes with climbs and towns marked
- * where to base yourself whist on your cycling holiday
- * cycling hotels and lodges
- * bike hire outlets
- * getting to and from Nice
- * non-cycling attractions and activities in the region
Click here to see a list of cycling routes available from Nice. Our cycling route suggestions start in Nice as we know from experience the majority of people visiting the area will stay in, or close to the city.