Cycle Tour groups
There are numerous Cycle Tour companies offering up many different and varied options for riding in France. Your level of fitness and the amount of riding you wish to undertake each day will determine which specific tour is best for you. Whilst we have never personally partaken in an organised cycling tour, there are many advantages to doing so. These include:
• Pre-planned ride routes. This means you needn't be concerned with mapping out your own rides or accidentally taking the wrong turn!
- Fully supported riding. Often tours will include the assistance of mechanical support during your ride.
- Accommodation bookings. Your accommodation is all taken care of. You don't need to research accommodation for each day of your tour and your belongings will be transported from one place to the next with each day of riding.
- Point-to point riding. A lot of tour groups will stay in numerous villages for the duration of the tour. This means you will be able to access a larger area of riding than if you were based in one place.
- Bike hire. A lot of cycle tour companies will organise your bike hire. Depending on the tour company this can also include access to the latest top end bikes as well.
- Meal inclusions. Most of your meals are included in the overall tour price. This will change dependant on the tour company, but often there are a number of meals which come all inclusive with your package.
- Refreshments. Food and drinks are provided for each day of riding.
- Privileged access to the Tour de France. Many Tour Companies offer up special VIP type access at the biggest race of the year.
- Photography. Provision of photos and/or videos of yourself riding up those iconic climbs.
- Ride leaders. You'll be well served with dedicated ride leaders pacing you up the climbs, coaching you through longer days on the bike.
- Follow car. For those days where your legs just want a rest you will have the option of stopping and choosing to ride in the follow car.
- Translation services. Your tour guides will often be multi-lingual meaning the stress of trying to speak French needn't be there as someone can help translate for you.
- Meeting new people. Riding as part of a tour group is a great way to meet other like minded cyclists from all around the world.
- Transfer services. Often your tour group will offer a concierge type pickup from local airports or train stations.
To help you plan we have put a list of companies together who offer bike tours in France.